1. This Privacy Statement sets out how the Singapore Together Alliance For Action To Tackle Online Harms, Especially Those Targeted At Women And Girls (the “AFA”) manages your personal data.
2. The AFA may from time to time update this Privacy Statement to ensure that this Privacy Statement is consistent with our future developments and/or changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree and consent to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Privacy Statement as updated from time to time.
3. This Privacy Statement supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consents which you may have previously provided to us in respect of your personal data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which the AFA may have at law to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
4. We may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our digital service. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred digital services. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our digital services and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
5. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the digital service.
Collection, Use and/or Disclosure of Personal Data
6. If you provide us with personal data, we may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for the following purposes and in the following manner:
a. Where appropriate, we may use and share necessary data with other organisations, so as to facilitate and improve the discharge of the AFA’s functions, aims and objectives, and to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
b. For your convenience, we may also display to you data that you had previously supplied us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
Protection of Personal Data
7. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
8. This digital service may contain links to other digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other digital services and we encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
Retention of Personal Data
9. If you provide us with personal data, we may retain it as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
10. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
11. Please contact Sunlight_AFA_Secretariat@mci.gov.sg if you:
a. have any enquires or feedback on our data protection, policies and procedures;
b. need more information on or access to data which you have provided directly to us in the past;
c. wish to provide us with any updates or corrections to your personal data; or
d. would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Statement.
12. “Personal data” shall have the same meaning as its definition in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012).
Last updated: 25/03/2022