Thank you for visiting our website (“Site”).
3. The Site is maintained by the Singapore Together Alliance For Action To Tackle Online Harms, Especially Those Targeted At Women And Girls (“AFA”).
4. Save for your Submitted Content (as defined in clause 9 below), which is owned by you, the intellectual property rights in the Site and all of the text, pictures, videos, software and other content made available on it (“Contents”) are owned by the AFA and/or its licensors. Except as otherwise provided, the Contents (excluding your Submitted Content) shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, without the AFA's prior written permission.
5. These Terms shall not affect any other agreement that may relate to your participation in the AFA (“Other AFA Agreements”). The Other AFA Agreements shall remain in full force and effect and in the event of a conflict, the Other AFA Agreements shall prevail to the extent of any such inconsistency.
7. If in connection with your access and/or use of the Site, you provide the personal data of any third parties, you warrant and represent that the said third parties have also consented to the terms of the Privacy Statement, and to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal data in accordance with the aforesaid. You further warrant and represent to the AFA that all personal data which you submit to us through your access and/or use of the Site is complete, accurate, true and correct.
Permission to use the Site
8.1 use the Site or any part thereof (including any Contents or Submitted Content) for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose, and/or in any manner that is against any applicable law, including without limitation the Personal Data Protection Act 2012;
8.2 use the Site or any of the Contents to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation any intellectual property rights;
8.3 impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site, or express or imply that the AFA endorses any statement you make;
8.4 interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
8.5 transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
8.6 reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to, the Site or the Contents;
8.7 modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or the Contents;
8.8 remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or the Contents;
8.9 create a database by systematically downloading and storing the Contents or any part thereof;
8.10 use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather the Contents or any part thereof, or to reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without the AFA’s prior written consent; or
8.11 collect or store the personal data of any person that is made available on or through the Site, and/or use such personal data for the purpose of sending/ transmitting any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising and promotional materials (for example surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages), commercial or otherwise.
License to use submitted content
9. Without prejudice to clause 10, the AFA does not claim ownership of any content or material you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site (“Submitted Content”), whether for competitions or other purposes. However, with respect to your Submitted Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site, you grant the AFA a world-wide, royalty-free, non-revocable and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content in any forum and for any purpose. This would include using such content in any publicity materials for the Site and in any medium (including the mass media, Internet posts, printed and e-mail communications, etc).
10. You represent and warrant that any Submitted Content, and/or any use of Submitted Content by the AFA, does not and will not infringe any third party rights, including any intellectual property rights, and/or violate any applicable law.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
11. The Site (including the Contents and Submitted Content) are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the AFA does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
(a) as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Site, the Contents and any Submitted Content; and
(b) that the Contents, Submitted Content or any functions associated with the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that the Site and the server are and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
12. The AFA shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents.
Modifications to the Site
13. The AFA may at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part thereof, without notice. The AFA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
Right of Access
Links from the Site to other web sites
17. The Site contains hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by the AFA. The AFA is not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
18. Hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall the AFA be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which the Site is linked.
Links to the Site from other web sites
19. Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of the Site or any of the Contents, are prohibited.
20. You must secure permission from the AFA prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, the Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. The AFA reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of the Site or any of the Contents.
22. In no circumstances shall the AFA be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to the Site or any of the Contents.
23. The AFA reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of, any web site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
24. The AFA reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other web site reached by links to or from the Site or any of the Contents.
Notification of Infringement
25. We reserve the right to investigate notices of copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) in respect of any content and information on the Site (“Infringing Material”) and take appropriate action. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in way that constitutes Infringement and such Infringement is occurring on the Site, please notify us immediately in writing in the form and containing the information prescribed by the Singapore Copyright Act (“Infringement Notice”).
26. All Infringement Notices shall be sent to us addressed as follows: Sunlight_AFA_Secretariat@mci.gov.sg
28. We will duly consider all Infringement Notices submitted in the above manner. In return, you agree that you shall not take any legal action or exercise any legal remedy that you may have against use in respect of Infringing Material, unless you first give us the Infringement Notice and sufficient opportunity to remove the Infringing Material, and thereafter we refuse or fail to remove the Infringing Materials within a reasonable time. Where we remove the Infringing Material in response to your Infringement Notice, you agree not to exercise and you hereby waive, any right of action against us under applicable law which you may have in respect of any Infringing Material appearing on the Site prior to such removal by us.
Last updated: 25/03/2022